Recipe originally in post Rainy Days….Grainy Days
Truffle Honey Baked Chicken with Black Barley Medley with Mediterranean Vegetables (original recipe by Kathryninthekitchen) Serves 4
4 Chicken thighs
1.5 Tsp Truffle honey –can substitute plain honey but then increase the truffle mustard
20 mls truffle mustard
15 mls truffle oil
30g unsalted butter
4o mls olive oil
Preheat oven to 180C
- Mix honey, mustard and truffle oil and using a pastry brush coat the chicken thighs. Set aside for 15 to 20 mins.
- Heat the olive oil and butter over a medium heat in thick bottomed pan. Add the chicken to hot pan skin side down and cook until brown, turn over and brown the other side.
- Transfer to oven proof dish and cook in preheated oven for 20 mins or until cooked through.
Black Barley & Brow Rice Medley with Mediterranean Vegetables
2 cups of Black Barley & Brown Rice Medley – or mix equal amounts of barley & brown rice
4 cups of boiling salted water
1/2 red capsicum diced
1/2 green or yellow capsicum diced
1/2 zucchini thinly sliced and quartered
1/2 red onion diced
1 teaspoon fennel seed
1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley
- Note any combination of Mediterranean style vegetables can be used. Depending on what your using this with and/or taste, chilli flakes could be added to give it an extra kick!
- Add barley mix to boiling water, turn down to low heat, put the lid on and cook until water is absorbed (20 – 30 min)
- Whilst barley mix is cooking, sweat off the capsicum, zucchini, onion and fennel seed. Set aside once soft but not browned.
- Combine cooked vegetable with barley rice mix and stir through most of the parsley, holding a little back for garnish.
Serve chicken atop of the rice mix, spoon over baking juices and sprinkle remaining parsley over the top.